A guide for Loadium’ s New Relic Integration
New Relic is a company which offers performance management solutions, enabling developers to realize and fix problems in real time. With this development, through New Relic integration, developers can easily monitor their application performance while load testing it. It also allows developers to evaluate the end-user experience and the application system KPI using single dashboard.
Now, you can diagnose performance related problem, apply a fix and repeat this cycle with ease. This data also accessible even after the test has ended.
- While creating a new test or editing an existing one, you’ll find New Relic option under APM Integration tab.
- To create a new profile or to choose already existing profile, click New Relic APM button then click 'Create a new New Relic Profile' button to create new one and paste your New Relic data sharing API Key into the relevant field also give it a title for future reference. Then click next.
- There are 2 options for entity type.
- Applications are for built-in functions&metrics of New Relic
- Components are for custom-made functions&metrics
- And you need to choose 'Entities' and 'Metrics' that you already added to your New Relic account.
- After filling all desired fields, you can show summary of your New Relic APM integration. Later, we can see integrated APM under the Integrated APM’s section.
- '1' numbered area shows us the integrated APMs under the Integrated APM’s section.
- '2' numbered button is necessary to assign this APM to the test which you already arranged. After clicking ‘Save Test’ you can now start the test.
- '3' numbered button is useful for removing any new relic from selected test.
- '4' numbered button is for Edit or Delete APM globally. With this option, we can either edit the name and API Key or delete the new relic globally.
- '5' numbered button we can edit both New Relic API Key and Selected Metrics.
Afterwards, Run Test will direct you to report page. From the report page, you can go to New Relic tab from the left-side menu as shown.
At this page we can see our entity types and metrics that we selected previously. And by clicking the checkbox near by metrics, we can start monitoring the data graphically.